Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's no wonder kids have ADHD.


This is the movie that I watched over the weekend - you can tell I don't get out much haha! Okay well, I really wanted to go see Le Miserables... but I am poor, so instead my cousin and I rented Madagascar 3. I actually laughed a lot as well as said "wait... what?" a lot as well. This movie was a little over the top ridiculous and random, but that's probably what made it so entertaining. The Lemur King is my favorite.

Anyways! Even though I thought the film was pretty funny, I was thinking at the same time, how can little kids handle this? The movie is obviously for kids and families, but I almost wouldn't want my own future young children watching this movie. It was so sporadic and loud and chaotic that I even felt like I was developing ADHD from watching it!!

I feel like the fact that movies so overly stimulating, fast paced, and nonsensical are being made for children goes to show how much desensitization kids today have. They need more and more craziness to be entertained.

What happened to good 'ol kid movies like Balto?!

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of movies that target kids have jokes in them that are more for the adults watching. Sometimes I see my kids laughing at a joke that I know they did not get. Also it is interesting to note that my kids get bored watching slower paced movies, I think have definitely become accustomed to the face pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be the first to admit, I surprised myself by enjoying this movie. I found it very funny! However, after our class discussion on fast paced shows for kids I can see how so many movies aimed at kids fit in this category. I'll be paying closer attention from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balto! I loved that movie! I agree...why can't kids movies be more like they were when we were kids...okay, that made me feel really old just saying it.

    ReplyDelete