Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's GREAT except for...

I had a great Valentine's day! My fiance showed up at my door with a rose and a decorated poster that had a heart box of chocolates on it and the movie Just Like Heaven. It was SO sweet for him to buy that movie for me because I literally have been asking him if we could watch it for like a year now! I loved it when I saw it back in high school and I've wanted to re-watch it ever since.

We went out to eat where we went last year for Valentine's day at out favorite place ever! Applebee's (They have a two plates and an appetizer for $20 deal. It's awesome)! Then we went back to his apartment and watched the movie he got me. I'm still not over how cute it was for him to remember and get it for me! <3 <3 I laughed a lot and it was definitely an entertaining movie, but it was a little different than I remembered. I definitely did NOT remember at all the skanky-woman-neighbor side story!  The movie had more profanity and innuendos than I previously recalled. It was also a little corny overall... but I think I like the corn.
It was just way interesting for me that I had held this movie in my mind as one of my favorites even though I didn't remember half the stuff that was in it! Why do we remember all the good stuff about a movie or show, yet easily forget the parts that made us squirm inside, or even discount inappropriate parts? How often do we ignore the cockroach in the ice cream?

That's a kinda gross analogy (blek!), but I think it makes a good point.

1 comment:

  1. This happens to me all the time. I go to watch a movie that I loved in high school and I am appalled at myself for not remembering the bad parts. It's a big struggle with media.

    ReplyDelete