One of my most favorite books from elementary school to middle school was the book Holes by Louis Sachar. I first read the book in elementary school and it is one of the only novels that I’ve read twice. As I’ve gotten older, I haven’t read as many books for fun as I did as a kid. I have started a few books for fun, but never end up finishing them. I have been into more psychology, self-improvement type books of late and I was reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People over the summer. That’s probably one of my favorite books right now, but I haven’t finished it yet. The last book that I read for fun that I really enjoyed and read all the way through twice was the seventh Harry Potter book. I read this book originally in high school after reading the previous six books. I re-read my favorite one, the last one, right before the movie (part one) came out. I love all the Harry Potter books, but the seventh one is my favorite because it brings all the past stories together and somehow they all connect perfectly. I like this book too because it is the final battle between good and evil, and good prevails! I like the message of friendship, integrity, and bravery that this final book ends the whole series with.
Friday, February 15, 2013
Some of my favorite books
One of my most favorite books from elementary school to middle school was the book Holes by Louis Sachar. I first read the book in elementary school and it is one of the only novels that I’ve read twice. As I’ve gotten older, I haven’t read as many books for fun as I did as a kid. I have started a few books for fun, but never end up finishing them. I have been into more psychology, self-improvement type books of late and I was reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People over the summer. That’s probably one of my favorite books right now, but I haven’t finished it yet. The last book that I read for fun that I really enjoyed and read all the way through twice was the seventh Harry Potter book. I read this book originally in high school after reading the previous six books. I re-read my favorite one, the last one, right before the movie (part one) came out. I love all the Harry Potter books, but the seventh one is my favorite because it brings all the past stories together and somehow they all connect perfectly. I like this book too because it is the final battle between good and evil, and good prevails! I like the message of friendship, integrity, and bravery that this final book ends the whole series with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holes was my favorite book as a child! Actually it's still my favorite book. And I too have read it twice unlike any other book, apart from the Giver and the Scriptures. Definitely one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI loved Holes - never read 7 habits though! I really should someday!
ReplyDelete