Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

This is the greatest season!

On Saturday and Sunday I attended my fiance's stake conference and Elder Bednar presided! It was a way cool experience to hear him speak in a non-General Conference setting and to feel his spirit. I even got to shake his and his wife's hands! Elder Bednar spoke with such authority and truth. In his Sunday talk he kept repeating, "this is the greatest season in the history of the restored church." He gave several reasons for this, including our ability to learn and spread the gospel through the great tools we have now in our homes like internet and media resources. Never has there been such a great time of connection and resources as there is now.
I was really glad to hear Bednar speak about preparing our future children. He declared that it is a parent's responsibility to teach and prepare children for baptism, to receive the priesthood, to go on missions and to make covenants in the temple. It's not the responsibility of church leaders. Preparation starts in the home.

When it comes to media, I think parental responsibility is very important. We need to teach our children the good and bad uses of media so they can be prepared to make wise choices throughout life.

<--- I got to shake his hand!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment