Yesterday night I went with my very tired fiance to see BYU's Phantom of the Opera!!
It was especially cool that we got to go see it because yesterday at 5:30pm I put my name into a drawing and at 6 they pulled out 25 names for rush tickets. And I got picked!!! I never win raffle-type things! The only bummer was that I still had to pay for my ticket. But it was so worth it!
So I have always LOVED the music from this musical. I guess everyone else has too since the movie came out. It actually was a little surprising how similar to the movie the stage performance was. I kind of felt like I was watching the movie. But watching it live was way more impressive. I loved the effects and the GIANT LANTERN! That was way cool. Also, the voices of the performers were amazing! They were all so talented and I still don't understand how Carlotta and Christine could hit those high notes. Eeek! I especially liked the phantom actor. He showed a lot of emotion in his performance and his voice was perfect for the part.
Ok, so overall it was amazing and the BYU art, dance and music departments definitely were able to do the musical justice! We both really loved the powerhouse of music coming from the singers, the orchestra pit, and the organ. My fiance enjoyed it even though I did catch him a few times with his eyes closed hehe.
Go put your name in the raffle if you don't have a ticket!
I saaaw that! I saw it! Too! As well. It was impressive. "Jeanette, Jeanette ... where in the world have you been blogging..."
ReplyDelete